COVID-19 Response Update [2020-03-26]
- Everyone must at all times diligently follows
Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus:
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer frequently
- Maintain physical distancing (>2m)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay informed and follow government directives.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, call your doctor or Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000.
- So far, as far as we know, no one in our church has been infected with Covid-19. Everyone returning from travel outside of Canada needs to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All church meetings are now held virtually.
- The Sunday 945am Cantonese and Mandarin Worships and the 1130am English Worship will be continue to be live-streamed from the church to the church website (www.gcgcny.org). There will be a maximum of 4 people at each worship. The format of each worship will be decided by each lead pastor. Preparations will be made for the possible scenarios in which less people are allowed together.
- The pastoral staff will be at the church one day weekly, Tues – Fri. A prayer hot line will be opened 4 hours per day (Tues-Fri) to allow people to call in for pastoral care and prayer. Details will be posted on the church website.
- The Grace Community Food Share (GCFS) will continue. Food will be delivered to clients with guidelines in place to ensure the safety of clients and volunteers. Please see the GCFS website (https://gracefoodbank.ca/) for details.
- Since the City of Toronto has announced the closure of all parks and baseball diamonds, the softball season will most likely be cancelled or further delayed. We are waiting for official statement from CCSA to announce next steps.
- While physical in-person caring for each other will be curtailed, we encourage everyone to continue caring for each other using virtual means with special attention to the vulnerable – eg. seniors, those with chronic illness or disabilities, those with decreased immunity, the poor etc.
People in need can contact email@example.com or (416) 499-0111.
- Everyone is encouraged to check the church website regularly for updates. Please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive regular communication from the church.
- Offering through etransfer has been set up. Please see the church website for instructions.
- The church board has appointed a Covid-19 Crisis Response Team. This team has been delegated the authority to make decisions and implement them in the church in response to the rapidly evolving Covid-19 pandemic. This team should be able to act in a more nimble and expedient manner.
- TK – team lead and representing the church Board of Directors
- Rev Chan – representing the church staff
- Queenie – representing the Cantonese congregation
- Edwin – representing the Mandarin congregation
- Sylvia – representing the English congregation
- Felicity – representing the Children congregation
The team welcomes your feedback, comments, suggestions and questions. We strive to reflect our values of love, faith, hope, unity, truth and transparency in this process and in our decisions and implementation. Our contact is: email@example.com (416) 499-0111 x 101.