· Last Week’s Attendance: Cantonese 174, Mandarin 107, English 106, Children 57, Tendercare 17
· Last Week’s Offering: General 18,829.75 (YTD 533,285.38), Building 800 (YTD 8,115.33), Special Fund Mission 200 (YTD 14,042.33), Foodbank 20 (YTD 11,749.65).
· Join our Volleyball Ministry every Wed from 7:30-10:00pm. Register at gcgcny.link/vball. Contact Terence Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edwin Lee (email@example.com)
· Got questions? Try Alpha. Join us @ 1pm at church. Free food will be served! Contact Lucas Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alpha Youth: 2nd and 4th Fridays from Feb to June. Join our mailing list: email email@example.com or visit gcgcny.link/alphaprayer
· The Bar Ministry: is serving singles in Christ. Contact Roland or Haidan, or visit the link [here].
· Professional Christian Counseling—up to 8 free sessions to GCGCNY attendees. Contact Rev. Ted.
· Grace Community Food Share: We are going to expand the services to both our church members and visitors. If you or someone you know is experiencing financial hardship, we’re here to assist. Application is now open. Food distribution will take place in the first and third weeks (Saturday / Sunday) between July and September 2023. Inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Link [here]
· 2023 Global 6K Walk for Water—will take place on Sat Sept 23 from approx. 9:00am—12:00pm, at Toogood Pond (Unionville, Markham). Contact Carmen Tse or visit gcgcny.link/6k for more info.
· Financial Highlight—There is an increase of general offering by 6% in the first 1/2 year compared to the prior year. Total YTD 367,823. There is also an increase of expenses compared to the prior year, YTD 646,717. As a result, there is a deficit of 180,336 YTD as of Sept 2023. Pray for God’s provision to eliminate the deficit and the expected future needs.
· There is a special hybrid membership meeting on Sept 24 at 12:30pm to confirm the calling of Santos Chan as the English pastor and Richard Wong as the Cantonese pastor. Zoom Meeting ID: 89463504307 Passcode: 201
· Starting from September, we will invite our supported missionary organizations to set up booths on the first and second Sundays of each month. September is Nicholas Chang’s organization “Youth Unlimited”. The booth is located in the foyer in front of Sanctuary A, you are all welcome to visit!
· Thank you to the following interns for your service! Food Bank: Joseph Cheng, Sherlock Lee; IT Web: Andy Luc; Youth Ministry: Samuel Chan; Men’s & Discipleship (from Tyndale): Robert Yeung.
· Natural disasters occur frequently lately. A powerful earthquake hit Morocco and floods hit Libya. In both disasters, between 3,000 and 5,000 people died, and tens of thousands were injured. Please lend a helping hand to the victims in distress. Donations made to those affected by the disaster in Morocco through the Red Cross will be matched with the same amount by the Canadian government.
· Baptism will take place on Dec 10. If you are interested, please contact Rev. Ted or Pastor Michelle.