· Last Week’s Attendance: Cantonese 171, Mandarin 97, English 112, Children 47, Tendercare 19
· Last Week’s Offering: General 30,52.45(YTD 515,080.63) Building 325 (YTD 7,315.33), Special Fund Mission 375 (YTD 13,842.33), Foodbank 438.33 (YTD 11,729.65).
· Join our Volleyball Ministry every Wed from 7:30-10:00pm. Register at gcgcny.link/vball. Contact Terence Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edwin Lee (email@example.com)
· Got questions? Try Alpha. Join us @ 1pm at church. Free food will be served! Contact Lucas Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alpha Youth: 2nd and 4th Fridays from Feb to June. Join our mailing list: email email@example.com or visit gcgcny.link/alphaprayer
· The Bar Ministry: is serving singles in Christ. Contact Roland or Haidan, or visit the link [here].
· Professional Christian Counseling—up to 8 free sessions to GCGCNY attendees. Contact Rev. Ted.
· Grace Community Food Share: We are going to expand the services to both our church members and visitors. If you or someone you know is experiencing financial hardship, we’re here to assist. Application is now open. Food distribution will take place in the first and third weeks (Saturday / Sunday) between July and September 2023. Inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Link [here]
· Annual Report 2022 is now available on church website. If you need a hard copy, please contact the office. Special thanks to those who helped this production.
· Short Term Mission to Mexico—Dec 18-27, 2023. Costs about $1300 (including flight, accommodations, and meals). Activities include visitations, EV meetings, Children day camp. Contact Mission Committee: Sylvia Szeto. Deadline for application is Aug 31.
· 2023 Global 6K Walk for Water—will take place on Sat Sept 23 from approx. 9:00am—12:00pm, at Toogood Pond (Unionville, Markham). Contact Carmen Tse or visit gcgcny.link/6k for more info.
· Financial Highlight—There is an increase of general offering by 6% in the first 1/2 year compared to the prior year. Total YTD 367,823. There is also an increase of expenses compared to the prior year, YTD 646,717. As a result, there is a deficit of 180,336 YTD as of Sept 2023. Pray for God’s provision to eliminate the deficit and the expected future needs.
· There is a special hybrid membership meeting on Sept 24 at 12:30pm to confirm the calling of Santos Chan as the English pastor and Richard Wong as the Cantonese pastor. Zoom Meeting ID: 89463504307 Passcode: 201
· Starting from September, we will invite our supported missionary organizations to set up booths on the first and second Sundays of each month. September is Nicholas Chang’s organization “Youth Unlimited”. The booth is located in the foyer in front of Sanctuary A, you are all welcome to visit!
· Thank you to the following interns for your service! Food Bank: Joseph Cheng, Sherlock Lee; IT Web: Andy Luc; Youth Ministry: Samuel Chan; Men’s & Discipleship (from Tyndale): Robert Yeung.