Community News [2022-10-16]
· Offering via E-Transfer is now available! <firstname.lastname@example.org> Provide your Name and Offering number. Thank you to those who have expressed concern about the church’s financial situation amidst this pandemic. The church is now accepting e-Transfer and online credit card donations. Please pray that these along with your offerings and the church financial reserves will help the church through the pandemic.
· We need ushers! You must be able to attend service in-person. All training will be provided. Contact Roland for more details (email@example.com)
· In-Person Attendance: Cantonese 148, Mandarin 73, English 103, Children 42, Tendercare 0
· Urbana “Rise Up” – will take place on Dec 28-31, 2022 in Indianapolis. It is a mission conference that happens every 3 years for undergrad and grade 12 students to help them discern their missional role in God’s global mission. For more info, visit urbana.org
· Free hand sanitizer, one per person after service. Free Level-2 mask in the foyer, free for all.
· Join our Volleyball Ministry every Wed from 7:30-10:00pm. Register at gcgcny.link/vball. Contact Terence Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edwin Lee (email@example.com) for more info.
· Got questions? Try Alpha. Join us @ 1pm at church. Free food will be served! Contact Lucas Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Read our updates on the 7th wave of Covid 19 [here].
· GCS Day Nursery is looking for an RECE (Registered Early Childhood Educator), a part-time ECA, assistance teacher to the bulletin. If interested, please send resume to email@example.com, attention Mrs. Ng.
· The Bar Ministry: is serving single brothers and sisters in Christ. Contact Roland or Haidan, or visit the link [here].
· Evangelism Summit—at Church on the Queensway on Oct 20. The event is free, lunch included. For more info, visit https://www.billygraham.ca/evangelism-summit/
· Baptism and Membership Classes: 7 weekly classes from Sat Oct 8 to Nov 26, 8-9pm. 8th class on GCGCNY History and Membership on Oct 29, 8-9pm. Contact Rev. Ted to register for Baptism on Sunday Dec 11.
· Hurricane Fiona Relief: on Sept 24 and 25, Hurricane Fiona swept through Atlantic Canada and part of Quebec, causing massive flooding and destruction. Your prayers and donations are needed. Donation Organizations: Canadian Red Cross (will be matched 2x by the government); Salvation Army (Christian organization).
· Child Dedications on Sunday Nov 20, contact Rev. Ted for more info.
· Looking to pack a box and gifting them to children overseas? Visit: packabox.samaritanspurse.ca
· Join our Cell Groups! More info, check out page 3 of this bulletin.
· Harvest Carnival will take place on Monday October 31st, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. We welcome families in our church as well as newcomers to join us. We are also looking for helpers to set up and run game booths; if you are willing to serve at this event, please contact Pastor Eva or Edwina