Community News [2022-06-19]
· Offering via E-Transfer is now available! <firstname.lastname@example.org> Provide your Name and Offering number. Thank you to those who have expressed concern about the church’s financial situation amidst this pandemic. The church is now accepting e-Transfer and online credit card donations. Please pray that these along with your offerings and the church financial reserves will help the church through the pandemic.
· Last Week’s in-person Attendance: Cantonese 120, Mandarin 60, English 130, Children 36.
· We need ushers! You must be able to attend service in-person. All training will be provided. Contact Roland for more details (email@example.com)
· Urbana “Rise Up” – will take place on Dec 28-31, 2022 in Indianapolis. It is a mission conference that happens every 3 years for undergrad and grade 12 students to help them discern their missional role in God’s global mission. For more info, visit urbana.org
· GCS Summer Camp (July 4-Aug 26) is currently recruiting young mentors (ages 18-29). Interested applicants, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Att: Ms. Helen Wu. GCS Summer Camp (JK-Gr.6) registration starts today. JK-Gr.1 fee $250/week; Gr.2-Gr.6 fee $120/week. The theme is “Character Music and Movement”. Please refer to poster for details and registration form. Visit gcsny.ca for more info.
· Our softball team CUP is looking for players!. For more info, contact Roland (email@example.com)
· As the pandemic subsides, we are excited that the church is reopening. Because the lasting effects of the pandemic, not all brothers and sisters are coming to Sunday service in-person. Workload is also increased for some individuals. Therefore, to facilitate offering counting:
1. we strongly encourage you to continue to donate online
2. Cash offering is not suggested
3. At the start of reopening, the counting might start at about 10:35am, there will be only one offering box at the main entrance
4. Offering counting will be carried out only semi-monthly—your checks may take up to three weeks to be clear
· Cantonese Baptism and Membership: Baptism—Elyse Fu, Michelle Sin, Joyce Lau, Membership—Ringo Lee.
· Free hand sanitizer, one per person after service. Free Level-2 mask in the foyer, free for all.
· Support our Junior Softball Team Unchained on Sunday June 26 2:00/4:00pm at Parkway Forest Park.!