· Offering via E-Transfer is now available! <firstname.lastname@example.org> Provide your Name and Offering number. Thank you to those who have expressed concern about the church’s financial situation amidst this pandemic. The church is now accepting e-Transfer and online credit card donations. Please pray that these along with your offerings and the church financial reserves will help the church through the pandemic.
· Last Week’s In Person Attendance: Cantonese 102, English 74, Mandarin 53, Children 30.
· We need ushers! You must be able to attend service in-person. All training will be provided. Contact Roland for more details (email@example.com)
· Urbana “Rise Up” will take place on Dec 28-31, 2022 in Indianapolis. It is a missions conference that happens every 3 years for undergrad and grade 12 students to help them discern their missional role in God’s global mission. For more information, visit urbana.org.
· Donations to Ukraine: With the outbreak of the war between Russia and Ukraine, many Ukrainians have fled their homes to avoid the war and are in desperate need of assistance from all parties. We encourage everyone to donate money to the Red Cross (https://www.redcross.ca/) designated aid projects in Ukraine (the government will make an equal donation), or Tearfund (https://tearfund.ca/ukraine/) (a partner of the Gospel Association (AGC), or other rescue agencies.
· GCS Summer Day Camp (July 4-Aug. 26) is currently recruiting the camp coordinators and counselors (age 18-29). For interested person, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Att: Ms. Helen Wu. GCS Summer Day Camp (Grades 2-6) registration starts today. The fee is $120/week, and the theme is “Character, Music and Sports”. For details and registration form, please refer to the poster. You can also visit the website http:\\gcsny.ca to browse and download the registration form
· KLS is back! See you soon at church! Junior (K-Gr.3) in W27, Senior (Gr.4-6) in W28. We are phasing out online classrooms: in May—Juniors and Preschoolers @ 2pm, Seniors @ 11:30am; in June—All children @ 2pm.
· As the pandemic is subsiding, we are excited that the church is reopening. Because the influences of the pandemic that are still lasting, not all brothers and sisters are coming to the Sunday service in person. Workload is also increased for some individuals. Therefore, to facilitate offering counting:
1. we strongly encourage brothers and sisters to continue to donate online
2. cash offering is not suggested
3. at the start of reopening, the counting might start at about 10:35 AM; there will be only one offering box at the main entrance
4. offering counting will be carried out only semimonthly – your checks may take up to three weeks to be cleared
· Compassion Canada: Compassion’s Group Virtual Connections allow you and your family to see the work and meet some of the people who are doing that work on a day-to-day basis, from the comfort of home! Where: Zoom Video Call with Thailand, near Myanmar border, specifically with TH0813 Baan Mae Sa Rit Church & Child Development Centre. When: Thursday, May 19th, 2022 from 9 PM – 10:30 PM (EDT). Registration: https://cvent.me/43PkkK
· Grace Community Food Share: is looking for two summer interns! 30hr/week, $15/hr, 9 weeks, must be 15-30 years old. Duties include: reviewing and updating existing apps and volunteer manual, promo, training videos, community research, and food share operations. For inquiries or application, email email@example.com by Sunday May 29. Job description and details at gcgcny.org.
· GCGCNY 32nd Anniversary joint worship: will be on May 29 9:30am in the main gym. There will be Membership Meeting at 11:00am. Agenda includes confirmation of Rev. Lee’s new term(3 years) and new Board of Directors. (To join membership meeting online: Zoom ID: 821 3727 4833 passcode: 509192). There will be free lunch after Membership Meeting, pre-registration required (TBA).
· Baptism and Membership Service: Sunday June 12. Baptism Candidates: Joshua Zhang, Matthias Ko, Lydia Lu. Membership class Sat June 4, 8-9pm. Contact any of the pastors.
· Our softball team CUP is looking for players! Must be at least 14. No experience needed! Contact Roland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Rev. Ted will be on vacation from May 17 to 27. For pastoral inquires, please contact Rev. Fanco (email@example.com) or Pastor Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· We are looking for people who can translate English to Chinese to help with our annual report. Contact Mary for more info (email@example.com)