Community News [2022-04-03]
· Offering via E-Transfer is now available! <email@example.com> Provide your Name and Offering number. Thank you to those who have expressed concern about the church’s financial situation amidst this pandemic. The church is now accepting e-Transfer and online credit card donations. Please pray that these along with your offerings and the church financial reserves will help the church through the pandemic.
· People’s Gospel Church is hiring a full-time summer camp manager (June 6-August 19). Deadline for application is April 30. http://peoplesgospelchurch.org/summercamp/
· Visit our church website gcgcny.org for faith-based job opportunities.
· Prayer Tour to North Africa: if you are interested in a 7-day private guided prayer tour (plus 4 days learning and experiencing North Africa with its local workers), please contact Santos. Tour Date: May 13-23, 2022.
· We need ushers! You must be able to attend service in-person. All training will be provided. Contact Roland for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Urbana “Rise Up” will take place on Dec 28-31, 2022 in Indianapolis. It is a missions conference that happens every 3 years for undergrad and grade 12 students to help them discern their missional role in God’s global mission. For more information, visit urbana.org.
· Donations to Ukraine: With the outbreak of the war between Russia and Ukraine, many Ukrainians have fled their homes to avoid the war and are in desperate need of assistance from all parties. We encourage everyone to donate money to the Red Cross (https://www.redcross.ca/) designated aid projects in Ukraine (the government will make an equal donation), or Tearfund (https://tearfund.ca/ukraine/) (a partner of the Gospel Association (AGC), or other rescue agencies.
· Baptism and Membership Classes: for those who want to get baptized, will take place from April 16-May 21 (7 Saturday classes). 8th class on GCGCNY history and membership on Sat May 28 for all who are interested. For more info, contact any of the pastors.
· Online Sunday School (Jan—April):
The Gospel Project (teens) – Sun 11:30-12:30, contact Bowen Oung
Hebrews (adult) – Sat 9:45-11:00, contact Pastor Michelle
Jesus: The Greatest Life of All (adult) – Sun 11:30-12:30, contact Rev. Ted
· Last Week’s In Person Attendance: Cantonese 71, English 55, Mandarin 36
· KLS in-person worship KLS meetings during the Easter Weekend: On April 15th, we will have in-person children’s program at 10:30-11:45am for children in JK-Gr.6 in Room W28, and online Good Friday Worship for children in Preschool to Gr. 6 at 2-3pm (please use the Saturday’s children fellowship Zoom Link to join). On April 17th, we will have in-person Easter Worship for children in JK-Gr.6 at 9-10:30am in Rooms W27 & W28, and all regular online KLS Sunday Classrooms will be open as usual for Easter Sunday. Please contact Pastor Eva or KLS teachers if you have any questions
For Good Friday, we will have in-person children’s program at W28 [for children in JK-Gr. 6] from 10:30-11:45am. There will also be an online Good Friday KLS worship from 2pm-3pm that afternoon; please join using the Saturday’s children’s fellowship Zoom Link. On Easter Sunday, we will have special Easter celebration at all KLS classrooms, both in-person at W27 & W28, and online at regular Zoom KLS Classrooms.
· 30 day of Prayer : April 2 to May 1. For guided prayer eBook, visit http://ebook30days.com/english (available at $3.75 each)
· GCS Summer Day Camp (July 4-Aug. 26) is currently recruiting the camp coordinators and counselors (age 18-29). For interested person, please email your resume to email@example.com, Att: Ms. Helen Wu. GCS Summer Day Camp (Grades 2-6) registration starts today. The fee is $120/week, and the theme is “Character, Music and Sports”. For details and registration form, please refer to the poster. You can also visit the website http:\\gcsny.ca to browse and download the registration form