NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT PRESENT!
Grace Gospel Church is a vibrant young congregation of 130 focused on making disciples, small group ministries, multi-ethnic community outreach, and expanding impact in evangelistic global missions. Our vision statement is: “To glorify God as a cell-based church, passionately multiplying disciples locally and worldwide.” The congregation is a ministry of Grace Chinese Gospel Church of North York, a 500 member church in NorthYork, Ontario, Canada, affiliated with the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada (www.agcofcanada.com).
No positions at present. Thank You
Qualifications and Requirements
A life reflecting an ever-increasing submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, personal knowledge of and dependence upon God.
- A pastor’s heart, calling and gifting.
- A burden and love for youth.
- A demonstrated commitment and ability to thrive in a team leadership environment.
- A foundational burden and vision for discipleship ministry in the local church.
- A commitment to a philosophy of ministry with regards to the cell-based church.
- A demonstrated commitment to the evangelistic ministries of the Gospel.
- Gifted in outreaching to and spiritual shepherding of people from different backgrounds within a multi-cultural context.
- Fluent in English.
- People-oriented with good relational skills and strengths in organization, planning and execution.
- Graduate (or soon to be graduate) of a recognized seminary, Bible College or equivalent.
- Agreement with the Articles of Faith and Doctrine of the denomination. (http://www.agcofcanada.com/About/Articles/articles_of_faith_and_doctrine.pdf)
- Successful completion of AGC’s Ministry Application, Compatibility assessment, and Certificate of Ministry Interview.
- A candidate without previous pastoral ministry experience could be considered to begin as a Pastoral Assistant.
Reporting to and serving under supervision of the English ministry lead pastor, the assistant pastor’s Job Description:
- Provide pastoral care and leadership to the congregation, alongside the lead pastor, in fulfilling the church’s vision.
- Participate in the preaching and teaching ministry.
- Model and impart a lifestyle of prayer, making disciples and relational evangelism.
- Model the centrality of Christian community by participating in a small group.
- Disciple lay youth ministry leaders and equip them to disciple the youth.
- Provide pastoral guidance and support for the congregation’s youth ministries.
- Oversee the development of youth Christian Education.
- Assist the lead pastor in mobilizing the congregation for gift-based ministry.
- Assist the lead pastor in nurturing missional ministries through community engagement and outreach.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, testimony of salvation and ministry calling, resume and full academic to Chairman Search Team email@example.com